The first annual Drive Electric Awards will be presented to three National Drive Electric Week event organizers, two individuals and one organization, honoring each of their significant contributions to electric vehicle movement.
The 2018 Drive Electric Award winners are:
National Drive Electric Week Event Organizers
Each of these event organizers have gone above and beyond to create many large, successful events over several years.
- Charles Gerena of North Chesterfield, VA
- Noel Morin of Hilo, HI
- Dick Muri of Steilacoom, WA
- Denise Gray, CEO/President of LG Chem Power, Inc. for her work to advance EV battery technology at General Motors and LG Chem Power, Inc.
- Janea Scott, Commissioner of the California Energy Commission for her work to expand access to clean transportation in disadvantaged communities.
- University of California San Diego for its many programs that advance EV access and technology, including the installation of 130 charging portals.
Plug In America paid supporters had the opportunity to submit nominations and a committee selected the winners from these nominations. Awards will be presented at the National Drive Electric Week Opening Reception on Thursday, September 6 in Los Angeles.
Congratulations to all the winners! And thank you for all you’ve done to accelerate the shift to electric vehicles!