If I get my tax credit at the time of sale, will I still need to pay taxes?

You still have to file your tax return and file Form 8936 with your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). The dealer will give you the necessary paperwork at the time of sale for Form 8936. Be sure you receive a successfully submitted seller report before you leave the dealership. Download our EV Shopper Checklist to help you at the dealership.

Plug in & get connected!

Join the EV movement