National Drive Electric Week (NDEW), to be held September 8–16, 2018, is a celebration of electric vehicles from coast to coast. Last year, we reached more than 120,000 people through 276 events in all 50 states and we’re currently on track to surpass last year!
NDEW events are created by people and organizations within their own community and can be held at parks, farmers’ markets, public parking lots, or anywhere people and cars can gather and attract attention. Activities can include an electric tailgate party, EV parade, ride-and-drives, or ribbon cutting for a new charging unit. These events are so important because they introduce EVs to thousands of people who may not yet know the many benefits of driving electric!
Visit the NDEW Events page to see where confirmed and pending events are located. (More are being added everyday!) If there isn’t already an event in your town, get involved and create your own!
- We offer many resources for event organizers on the NDEW Resources page, including webinar recordings, downloadable signs and files, and templates for media alerts, sponsorship requests, and proclamations.
- Check out photos and videos from past NDEW events for inspiration.
- Register your event on the NDEW Event Registration page.
- Update your event page on the NDEW website with details about your event. Plus, people in your community can register online to attend your event.
- Small grants are available for select NDEW events in the Northeast from the U.S. Department of Energy.
Special call for Mississippi: We still need an NDEW event in your state! Help us once again reach our goal of events in all 50 states by registering your event today!
If there is already an event in your city, visit the local event page to volunteer for or attend the event!
Join us as we make this the biggest and best National Drive Electric Week yet!
Above: 2017 NDEW event in Amherst, MA. Photo credit: Andrew Breiter-Wu
Mayor Sharon Weston Broome at the 2017 NDEW event in Baton Rouge, LA. Photo credit: Baton Rouge Mayor’s staff
2017 NDEW event in Raleigh, NC. Photo credit: Alan Long
A local TV reporter interviews William Brinsmead about his 1972 Cadillac Hearse conversion at the 2017 NDEW event in Reno, NV. Photo credit: Cynthia S. Ryan
Members of the EV Cruisers Electric Car Club celebrate the installation of new EV charging equipment during the 2017 NDEW event in Athens, OH. Photo credit: UpGrade Ohio