Plug In America is proud to release its 2023 EV Driver Survey, which surveys EV consumers and those considering purchasing an EV. To access the full findings, fill out the form below.
Get the full report
About the survey
The EV market grew 46% in 2022 compared to 2021, and EVs made up approximately 6.7% of new vehicle sales nationwide last year. With this booming market as a backdrop, Plug In America once again found that EV drivers love their vehicles, with 90% of owners reporting they are “likely” or “very likely” to purchase an EV as their next automobile.
While EV owners are smitten with their vehicles and intend to continue driving electric, they voiced more frustration with fast-charging infrastructure than the previous year, with the most common issues being “broken or non-functional chargers” or “too few charging locations.” There was significant variation by charging network, with the Tesla Supercharger Network scoring significantly better than its competitors on every metric.
The 2023 EV Driver Survey, which received feedback from thousands of current EV drivers and those who are considering purchasing one, sought to determine the state of EV driving in the United States, with a focus on the following in particular:
- What are the primary motivations for drivers and those considering EVs?
- What are the most valuable sources of information available to EV customers?
- What is the quality of the current EV buying experience for customers?
- Are EV owners content? Why or why not?
- What are the most significant concerns with existing fast-charging networks?
Here is the recording of our live webinar on May 31, 2023 going over the key highlights and the slide deck.