The Plug In America EV Support Program gives current and prospective electric vehicle drivers the opportunity to connect with experts and receive one-on-one, personalized assistance with questions about vehicles, charging, incentives and more.
We can answer questions like:
- How can I get charging equipment in my home?
- How does the federal EV tax credit work?
- What does it cost to charge an electric car?
The EV Support Program is a benefit for paid supporters of Plug In America. Anyone may use the service one time for free, but we ask that you contribute $4/month recurring or $48 one-time (or more!) to continue using the service. Plus, your donation will support Plug In America’s vital programs and services to expand EV adoption across the United States.
“Plug In America’s EV Support Program was extremely helpful in my efforts to identify credits available to me from my recent purchase of a Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid. Thanks to them, I identified and applied for credits from the state and local utilities, and am getting substantial rebates. This is an invaluable resource for electric vehicle owners!”–Maurice R., Manhattan Beach, CA
Sacramento residents: Learn more about the SMUD EV Support Program!
The EV Support Program is available Monday–Friday, 9 am–5 pm PT.
Find answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) here. Also, read answers to questions previously asked on the EV Support Program:
- How many electric miles can a 2019 Nissan LEAF store in one hour of Level 2 charging with a 40kwh battery?
- How do I get a Level 2, 240v charging station installed?
- How can I take advantage of the federal EV tax credit?
- I am taking delivery on a long-range, dual-motor Tesla Model 3 and am confused by the home charging options. What amp and charger will work best?
- Are electric cars reliable?
- My 2016 Nissan Leaf has a regular “Drive” and an alternative “B” driving option. Is it safe to always drive in B or is that meant only while driving downhill?