Special Support for EV Events in Southern California Edison Territory
For Drive Electric Earth Day 2020, Plug In America has partnered with sponsor, Edison International, to provide funding of up to $2,250 to support electric vehicle (EV) test drives. Any event in April that wants to organize an EV test drive and ride experience at their event can apply to receive funding and training on how to conduct a safe and effective ride and drive.
As a part of this program, funding recipients will receive:
- Up to $2,250 to offset expenses associated with conducting the ride and drive event;
- Training on how to conduct the ride and drive event;
- The services of one (1) event staff person who is trained to record the number of EV test drives and rides completed;
- Training on how to advertise the event using a variety of communication methods;
- Liability insurance (must meet PIA eligibility requirements); and
- Assistance with dealer outreach.
Eligible events must be in Southern California Edison territory, register their event on the Drive Electric Earth Day website, and promote Edison International’s logo on their marketing materials if funded. Please download the application for more details. Applications are due February 21, 2020.