SMUD has partnered with Plug In America to offer an enhanced EV Support Program! This service gives current and prospective electric vehicle drivers the opportunity to connect with experts and receive one-on-one, personalized assistance with all of your questions related to electric vehicles. The EV Support Program will assist you throughout your EV journey from your most basic questions as you begin your search, to charging your EV and receiving valuable incentives towards your purchase or lease.
Now, SMUD customers can now enjoy free, unlimited access to the EV Support Program, longer hours on weekdays and Saturdays, and in-depth information specific to Sacramento!
We can answer questions like:
- How can I get charging equipment in my home?
- How does the federal EV tax credit work?
- What does it cost to charge an electric car?
- Where can I find a dealer with staff knowledgeable about EVs?
“We are so new to the EV space and have a huge learning curve. Not only was your representative knowledgeable, but he was helpful, insightful, and patient with me.”—Cathy A., Sacramento, CA
The EV Support Program is available to SMUD customers Monday–Friday, 9 am–7 pm PT and Saturdays, 10 am–2 pm PT.
Find answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) here. Also, read answers to questions previously asked on the EV Support Program:
- How many electric miles can a 2019 Nissan LEAF store in one hour of Level 2 charging with a 40kwh battery?
- How do I get a Level 2, 240v charging station installed?
- How can I take advantage of the federal EV tax credit?
- I am taking delivery on a long-range, dual-motor Tesla Model 3 and am confused by the home charging options. What amp and charger will work best?
- Are electric cars reliable?
- My 2016 Nissan Leaf has a regular “Drive” and an alternative “B” driving option. Is it safe to always drive in B or is that meant only while driving downhill?