Job Title: Program Team Internship
Part-Time Paid Internship Position, 20 – 30 hours a week for 6 months
Location: Los Angeles, CA
The Program Team Intern will support Plug In America’s “PlugStar”-branded consumer engagement initiatives. Program Team projects address critical gaps in market development for electric cars and focus on exposing consumers to EV technologies and the EV lifestyle. This means ensuring customers have access to timely, accurate and user-friendly information from trusted sources. Projects involve development of online tools for dealers and end customers, training and certification of auto dealers in EV incentives and best practice sales methods, and data collection for performance measurement. The Program Team Intern must be organized, detail oriented and able to prioritize his or her workload and schedule based on the needs of the program.
The Program Team Intern reports to Plug In America’s Program Manager and contributes to the implementation of Plug In America’s expanding consumer and retail engagement initiatives in the following capacities:
- Provide administrative, operational, and logistical support to the Program Manager and the PlugStar Program Team
- Coordinate team activities; prepare agendas; assist with status reports and marketing materials
- Assist in coordinating workshops, events and various marketing and outreach tasks
- Field inquiries from customers, retailers and other participants
- Interact with the public and respond to requests for information
- Process incentive applications for EV retailers and end customers, as needed
- Maintain and update online databases
- Perform various research requests from the Program Team
The following qualifications are required:
- Demonstrated proficiency in customer relations or experience marketing or selling technical products/services to consumers or businesses
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to address problems constructively and exercise sound judgment in the performance of assigned duties
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines
- Experience coordinating events and stakeholder meetings
- Demonstrated fluency in using office productivity and project management software to create well-formatted and polished documents and other materials
- Detail-oriented with solid problem-solving and time management skills; demonstrates follow-through in all assigned tasks
- Ability to independently handle multiple tasks, changing priorities, stressful situations and complex assignments
- Collaborative team player
- Passion for electric cars, sustainable transportation and/or renewable energy technologies; and
- Experience related to the primary job duties and required qualifications
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Previous knowledge or experience in the automotive and/or renewable energy or energy efficiency sectors, especially in marketing or sales
- Proficiency using the following types of software: CRM systems, Social media scheduling/monitoring, image editing. Experience with data entry and databases
- Six months experience driving a plug-in vehicle on a regular basis
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Advanced proficiency in computer skills, particularly in Excel. Proficiency in MS Office.
Computer and/or Technical Skills:
- Proficiency with standard office software packages such as MS Office: Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Demonstrable proficiency in Excel required.
License, Certificates or Registrations:
- Valid California Driver’s License; insurable in the State of California. Must own a licensed and registered vehicle and be willing to use it for work-related purposes.
Compensation: $12/hour, 20 – 30 hours a week for 6 months
Application Process: Applications should include a resume, cover letter and a short writing sample (2 pages maximum). The application process will also include a brief writing test for select applicants. Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Program Team Internship”. No phone inquiries please. Plug In America is an equal opportunity employer. Applications accepted until the position is filled.
About Plug In America: Plug In America is a 501(c)3 nonprofit with a mission to accelerate the transition to plug-in vehicles powered by clean, affordable, domestic electricity. Our goal is to reduce our nation’s dependence on petroleum, improve public health and reduce climate altering emissions of greenhouse gases. In addition to policy advocacy, we help consumers understand and embrace the benefits of electric driving. To achieve our mission, we provide practical, objective information to help consumers decide whether an electric car is right for their lifestyle and to choose the best plug-in vehicle, equipment and services that meet their needs. As a supporter-driven advocacy group representing the voice of the EV customer globally, Plug In America is uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholder and market actors, including state agencies, electric utilities, automakers and auto dealers. Plug In America founded National Drive Electric Week, the world’s largest celebration of the plug-in vehicle, which welcomed over 120,000 attendees across 276 events in 2017, spanning all 50 states and the District of Columbia.