Program Manager for Consumer Engagement, Full-Time Position
Location: Los Angeles or Sacramento, CA.
This position requires travel in California, the Northeast and other locations around the United States.
The Program Manager will coordinate and implement Plug In America’s consumer engagement initiatives, serving as a key member of the EV outreach team. Projects address critical gaps in market development for electric cars and focus on exposing consumers to EV technologies and the EV lifestyle. This means ensuring customers have access to timely, accurate and user-friendly information from trusted sources. Projects involve development of online tools for dealers and end customers, training and certification of auto dealers in EV incentives and best practice sales methods, and data collection for performance measurement. The candidate must be comfortable with technical and customer-facing projects requiring coordination across multiple organizations and functions.
The Program Manager reports to Plug In America’s Program Director and contributes to implementation of Plug In America’s expanding consumer and retail engagement initiatives in the following capacities:
• Project Planning and Coordination: Make recommendations on project and/or product design; assess project needs; contribute to drafting of proposals, budgets, and work plans; coordinate team activities; prepare status reports, budget projections, and updates; and create presentations, reports, and marketing materials;
• Stakeholder Engagement: Interact extensively with project stakeholders, including dealership management and sales staff, automakers and utilities; develop and maintain strong relationships to inform stakeholders of ongoing program developments;
• Program Implementation: Provide logistical and administrative oversight for consumer engagement projects and enforce program requirements, application procedures, and standards. Tap into technical knowledge and stakeholder familiarity to ensure deliverables and resources align with both established technical standards and project requirements;
• Program Monitoring: Accurately track project progress and data in Instagantt, Asana, Excel, or customer relationship management (CRM) software; organize and analyze data to comply with reporting requirements and support program design improvements. Ensure that procedures are working to achieve program goals and to support efficient processes;
• Program Outreach: Participate in outreach events on behalf of Plug In America and our clients. Help develop marketing materials, workshops, or educational campaigns;
• Performance Measurement and Reporting: Assist in identifying key project performance metrics and in designing and implementing data collection efforts. Contribute to data analysis and writing of transportation program reports. Develop presentations;
• Subcontract Management: Coordinate, organize and track progress of subcontractor completed tasks. Manage all subcontractor deliverables and act as liaison for communication between program staff and subcontractors; and
• Operations: Oversee and participate in dealer and customer support activities, including daily rebate application processing, as needed. Provide guidance on how to handle atypical situations and disposition of escalated cases. Communicate regularly with leadership to provide updates, report concerns, and suggest solutions for improvements.
The following qualifications are required:
• Bachelor’s degree in subject relevant to sustainable transportation and/or renewable energy, including business administration, engineering/computer science, environmental studies, behavioral sciences or related field;
• Demonstrated proficiency in customer service/relations or experience marketing products/services to consumers or businesses;
• Experience coordinating and facilitating events and stakeholder meetings;
• Demonstrated fluency in using office productivity and project management software to create well-formatted and polished documents and other materials;
• Extremely detail-oriented, exceptional problem-solving and time management skills, with the ability to meet required deadlines;
• Ability to independently handle multiple tasks, changing priorities, stressful situations and complex assignments;
• Ability to use sound judgment. Requires minimal supervision;
• Strong organizational, time management and planning skills;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Collaborative team player;
• Passion for electric cars, sustainable transportation and/or renewable energy technologies; and
• Five (5) or more years of experience related to the primary job duties and required qualifications.
The following qualifications are preferred:
• Experience in the automotive and/or renewable energy or energy efficiency sectors, especially in marketing or sales;
• Experience interacting with auto dealers;
• Experience developing and/or delivering training or other instruction to a live audience;
• Proficiency using the following types of software: CRM systems, Social media scheduling/monitoring, image editing. Experience with data entry and databases;
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification;
• Proficiency in Agile and/or Scrum software development techniques and methods;
• Master’s degree or equivalent work experience; and
• Six months experience driving a plug-in vehicle on a regular basis. (In any case, the Specialist will be expected to be regularly driving a plug-in vehicle no later than 12 months after hiring.)
Salary and benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience and skills. Plug In America offers a benefits package including partial health insurance coverage, a retirement plan, and a monthly vehicle benefit towards lease or purchase of a plug-in vehicle.
Applications should include a resume, cover letter and a short writing sample (2 pages maximum). The application process will also include a brief writing test for select applicants. Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Program Manager for Consumer Engagement”. No phone inquiries please. Plug In America is an equal opportunity employer. The deadline to apply is Friday, January 26th, 2018 at 5:00pm Pacific time.
About Plug In America:
Plug In America is a 501(c)3 nonprofit with a mission to accelerate the transition to plug-in vehicles powered by clean, affordable, domestic electricity. Our goal is to reduce our nation’s dependence on petroleum, improve public health and reduce climate altering emissions of greenhouse gases. In addition to policy advocacy, we help consumers understand and embrace the benefits of electric driving. To achieve our mission, we provide practical, objective information to help consumers decide whether an electric car is right for their lifestyle and to choose the best plug-in vehicle, equipment and services that meet their needs. As a supporter-driven advocacy group representing the voice of the EV customer globally, Plug In America is uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholder and market actors, including state agencies, electric utilities, automakers and auto dealers. Plug In America founded National Drive Electric Week, the world’s largest celebration of the plug-in vehicle, which welcomed over 120,000 attendees across 276 events in 2017, spanning all 50 states and the District of Columbia.