Job Title: Program Associate, Full-Time Position
Location: Los Angeles, CA
This position may require travel in California, the Northeast and other locations around the United States (up to 20%)
Plug In America orchestrates National Drive Electric Week and delivers training, tools and support to auto dealers as part of the PlugStar program. These initiatives play a critical role in growing the market for EVs powered by increasingly cleaner domestic energy sources. Projects led by Plug In America address critical market gaps by exposing consumers to EV technologies and the EV lifestyle, informing customers of their options, directing them to qualified retailers, and providing after-sale support.
The Program Associate plays a central role in implementing Plug In America’s expanding PlugStar EV customer and dealer engagement programs. The incumbent is primarily responsible for providing administrative and operational support, including customer and dealer help-line / call center and incentives processing support. Top-notch customer service skills are a must. The incumbent must further be organized, proactive, detail oriented and able to prioritize his or her workload and schedule based on changing program needs.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Duties are illustrative and may vary with individual assignment.
Assist in program tasks, including:
• Provide logistical and administrative support for Program Team projects, including coordinating activities and workshops, preparing agendas, generating reports and developing marketing materials
• Communicate with stakeholders to collect, populate and update regional data
• Enforce project requirements, application procedures, and standards
• Field inquiries and provide administrative and customer service support for various incentive programs administrated by Plug In America, including processing applications
• Track applications and maintain and update the online database
• Participate in outreach events on behalf of Plug In America and our clients
• Help develop marketing materials, workshops, or educational campaigns
• Participate in general Program Team support activities
• Communicate regularly with leadership to provide updates and report concerns and suggest solutions for improvements
The following qualifications are required:
• Demonstrated proficiency in customer service/relations or experience marketing or selling products/services to consumers or businesses
• Experience coordinating events and stakeholder meetings
• Collaborative team player with strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
• Extremely detail-oriented, exceptional problem-solving and time management skills, with the ability to meet required deadlines
• Ability to independently handle multiple tasks, changing priorities, stressful situations and complex assignments
• Ability to learn and execute complex policies and procedures
• Ability to apply independent judgment, discretion and initiative to address problems
• Ability to respond to customer inquiries in a professional manner, demonstrating follow-through until issues are resolved to the satisfaction of key parties
• Ability to create well-formatted and polished documents and other materials
• Experience building strong professional relationships over the phone and in-person
• Passion for electric cars, sustainable transportation and/or renewable energy technologies
The following qualifications are preferred:
• Prior experience working in the automotive or energy sectors, especially in marketing and sales or sales support
• Experience with data entry and working with a database
• Experience with social media scheduling/monitoring, image editing
• Six months experience driving a plug-in vehicle on a regular basis (Note that the Program Associate will be expected to acquire a plug-in vehicle no later than 12 months after hiring)
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree; three or more years of relevant experience
• Advanced proficiency in computer skills, particularly in Excel; proficiency in MS Office
Computer and/or Technical Skills:
• Proficiency with standard office software packages such as MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook; demonstrable proficiency in Excel required
License, Certificates or Registrations:
• Valid California Driver’s License; insurable in the State of California; must own a licensed and registered vehicle and be willing to use it for work-related purposes
Salary and benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience and skills. Plug In America offers a benefits package including partial health insurance coverage, a retirement plan, and a monthly vehicle benefit towards lease or purchase of a plug-in vehicle.
Application Process: Applications should include a resume, cover letter and a short writing sample (2 pages maximum). The application process will also include a brief writing test for select applicants. Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Program Associate”. No phone inquiries please. Plug In America is an equal opportunity employer. The deadline to apply is Friday, June 1, 2018 at 5:00pm Pacific time.
About Plug In America: Plug In America is a 501(c)3 nonprofit with a mission to accelerate the transition to plug-in vehicles powered by clean, affordable, domestic electricity. Our goal is to reduce our nation’s dependence on petroleum, improve public health and reduce climate altering emissions of greenhouse gases. In addition to policy advocacy, we help consumers understand and embrace the benefits of electric driving. To achieve our mission, we provide practical, objective information to help consumers decide whether an electric car is right for their lifestyle and to choose the best plug-in vehicle, equipment and services that meet their needs. As a supporter-driven advocacy group representing the voice of the EV customer globally, Plug In America is uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholder and market actors, including state agencies, electric utilities, automakers and auto dealers. Plug In America founded National Drive Electric Week, the world’s largest celebration of the plug-in vehicle, which welcomed over 120,000 attendees across 276 events in 2017, spanning all 50 states and the District of Columbia.