Membership Manager, Full-Time Position
Location: Los Angeles
The Membership Manager will be primarily responsible for the relationship between Plug In America and its members and supporters around the United States. This will consistent of several key elements.
• Manage the PIA Database: Actively manage the PIA database to grow it and effectively use it to support PIA’s programs.
• Fundraise: Take the lead on all fundraising activities from members and supporters.
• Communicate: Lead and coordinate communications with members and supporters, using creativity and flair, to excite and engage people around PIA’s mission. In many cases, these communications will be implemented by other staff, with oversight from this position. Communications will include the PIA website, newsletter, social media, and email. Occasionally represent PIA at public events.
• Provide Services: Oversee the suite of services that PIA offers to its members and supporters.
In addition to the above, the Membership Manager will be responsible for updating PIA’s membership strategy.
The following qualifications are required:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university;
• At least three years of substantive experience working with members in a non-profit organization, political advocacy campaign or similar work. This must include managing a database, communications, and fundraising;
• Background in strategically using social media to communicate with a constituency;
• Familiarity with electric vehicles, climate change or energy policy;
• Exceptionally strong written communication skills;
• A passion for detail; and
• U.S. citizen or legal resident with right to work in the U.S.;
The following qualifications are preferred:
• Six months experience driving a plug-in vehicle on a regular basis. (In any case, the Manager will be expected to be regularly driving a plug-in vehicle no later than 12 months after hiring.)
• HTML programming experience
• Experience using digital advocacy software systems (Salsa Engage, SalesForce, Blackbaud, etc.)
Salary and benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience and skills. Plug In America offers a benefits package including health insurance coverage, a retirement plan, and a monthly vehicle benefit towards lease or purchase of a plug-in vehicle.
Applications should include a resume, cover letter and a short writing sample (2 pages maximum). The application process will also include a brief writing test for select applicants. Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Membership Manager.” No phone inquiries please. Plug In America is an equal opportunity employer. The position is open until filled.
About Plug In America:
Plug In America is a 501(c)3 nonprofit with a mission to accelerate the transition to plug-in vehicles powered by clean, affordable, domestic electricity. Our goal is to reduce our nation’s dependence on petroleum, improve public health and reduce climate altering emissions of greenhouse gases. In addition to policy advocacy, we help consumers understand and embrace the benefits of electric driving. To achieve our mission, we provide practical, objective information to help consumers decide whether an electric car is right for their lifestyle and to choose the best plug-in vehicle, equipment and services that meet their needs. As a supporter-driven advocacy group representing the voice of the EV customer, Plug In America is uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholder and market actors, including state agencies, electric utilities, automakers and auto dealers. Plug In America founded National Drive Electric Week, the world’s largest celebration of the plug-in vehicle, which welcomed over 120,000 attendees across 276 events in 2017, spanning all 50 states.