Job Type: Paid, Part-Time, Temporary Position
Location: Los Angeles (Mid-Wilshire)
Plug In America, a national non-profit which serves as the voice of the electric car driver, is seeking an engaged and passionate intern looking to develop skills in environmental advocacy, community engagement, writing and communication. The intern will focus on supporting Plug In America via various methods, including social media. Specific responsibilities include:
● Research, write and edit website content, such as news, policy, cars, and infrastructure developments as needed
● Assist with research, editing, writing, and scheduling of blog posts and social media
● Assist, as needed, at ride-and-drives (community test drives of electric cars)
● Assist with outreach to support National Drive Electric Week, especially among Universities and Clean Cities Coordinators
● Perform general administrative duties and other tasks, as needed.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen attention to detail
● Experience with social media
● Data entry and word processing skills; and
● U.S. citizen or legal resident with right to work in the U.S.
The job will be located in Los Angeles. Mileage is reimbursable for attendance at public events. Expected hours of service are between 15 and 20 hours per week.
Salary and benefits
Salary is $12.00 per hour. As this is a temporary position with a six month term, which may or may not be extended, it is not eligible for Plug In America’s health insurance coverage or retirement plan.
Applications should include a resume and cover letter. The application process will also include a brief writing test. Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Communications Intern.” No phone inquiries please. Plug In America is an equal opportunity employer. The deadline to apply April 12, at 5pm PDT.
About Plug In America
Plug In America is a national nonprofit organization that works to accelerate the shift to plug-in vehicles powered by clean, affordable, domestic electricity to reduce our nation’s dependence on petroleum and improve the global environment. The organization conceived National Drive Electric Week and has advanced workplace charging by pioneering ride-and-drive events at such leading corporations as Google, Mattel and Paramount Pictures. It developed the world’s largest, most dedicated network of plug-in vehicle owners and drivers, many of whom have driven EVs for well over a decade. Visit our web site at www.pluginamerica.org