PLEASE NOTE: UPDATED
National Drive Electric Week/Communications Part Time Associate Announcement
Job Type: Paid, Part-Time Position
Location: Los Angeles
Plug In America is seeking an engaged and passionate part-timer looking to contribute their skills in environmental advocacy, community engagement, social media, writing and communication. The position will focus on supporting Plug In America via various methods, including social media.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist in promotion of Plug In America and our flagship yearly event, National Drive Electric Week.
- Use social media and online advocacy tools to reach members and supporters and to solicit new engagement opportunities with potential members;
- Assist with database maintenance and data entry (must have an eagle eye for language and take pride in attention to detail);
- Assist with research and outreach for Drive Electric Week, including, but not limited to: vetting of event offers, development of infographics, identification of new potential volunteers, and participation on team conference calls.
- Assist with writing and maintaining website, blogs, newsletters and other content, such as social media and webinars;
- Assist with research on a range of related topics; and
- Represent Plug In America at various industry and other public events by tabling, assisting at vehicle test drives, and other tasks as needed (this may require occasional weekend work).
- Perform general administrative duties and other tasks as needed.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen attention to detail;
- Experience with social media;
- Data entry, analysis and word processing skills; and
- U.S. citizen or legal resident with right to work in the U.S.
The job will be located in Los Angeles, but some work can be done remotely. Mileage is reimbursable for attendance at public events. Expected hours of service are between 10 and 15 hours per week.
Salary and benefits:
Salary is $12.00 per hour. As this is a part time position, it is not eligible for Plug In America’s health insurance coverage or retirement plan.
Applications should include a resume and a cover letter. The application process will also include a brief writing test. Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “NDEW/Communications PT Assoc.” No phone inquiries please. Plug In America is an equal opportunity employer. The deadline to apply is January 24, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. PDT.
About Plug In America:
Plug In America is a national nonprofit organization that works to accelerate the shift to plug-in vehicles powered by clean, affordable, domestic electricity to reduce our nation’s dependence on petroleum and improve the global environment. The organization conceived National Drive Electric Week and has advanced workplace charging by pioneering ride-and-drive events at such leading corporations as Google, Mattel and Paramount Pictures. It developed the world’s largest, most dedicated network of plug-in vehicle owners and drivers, many of whom have driven EVs for well over a decade. www.pluginamerica.org