Title: Senior Events Program Manager
Location: Remote in U.S.
Love electric vehicles? Want to change the world? Join us at Plug In America, the nation’s leading nonprofit organization dedicated to accelerating plug-in electric vehicles (EVs) use in the United States. Plug In America is a growing 501(c)(3) organization involved in our nation’s shift to clean-fueled EVs. A staff of passionate professionals, consultants, and volunteers comprise our dynamic team working on programs focused on government advocacy, consumer and auto dealer outreach and engagement, EV equity, and member services.
Plug In America seeks an enthusiastic professional with excellent communication and leadership skills, and an affinity for advancing EV adoption for the Senior Events Program Manager position. The ideal candidate will be a collaborative leader comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and thrives in ambiguity. In this role, you will lead our national event campaigns and oversee a wide range of event-related activities, including:
National Drive Electric Week (NDEW) and Drive Electric Earth Month (DEEM) are the biggest celebrations of electric vehicles. These national campaigns include over 500 individual events across all 50 states, reaching over a quarter million people annually. Hundreds of partner organizations and dedicated volunteers coordinate events. The Senior Program Manager leads these campaigns and provides strategic direction, support and management to our partners. The position requires a strong commitment to a culture of collaboration, skill in volunteer management, and a high level of organization.
Ride and Drive Events and EV Showcase Events: Plug In America Events team annually implements several dozen EV events led by the Senior Program Manager. Events can include those geared toward the general public, high profile policymakers and government officials, speaker panels, or target priority communities.
- Provide strategic event campaign management and direction.
- Be the main point of contact for all event partner and sponsor relationships. Ensure the fulfillment of all obligations to partners and funders.
- Provide strong leadership, supervision and development for Plug In America’s events team.
- Build and manage project plans to track program deliverables and budgets.
- Work with the fundraising/development team to bring in new event funders.
- At least 5 years of program and/or project management experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- A strong commitment to collaboration and customer service
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Affinity for electric cars, sustainable transportation, and/or clean energy technologies
- Bachelor’s degree
- Six months experience driving a plug-in vehicle
- Experience working and managing community events
- Demonstrated experience with Salesforce or a similar CRM tool
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19
- The salary range for this position is $85,000 – 95,000 per year, commensurate with experience and skills.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance available on Day 31 after hire date
- Vacation accrual starting at 10 hours per month
- 11 company holidays plus floating holiday(s)
- 403(b) matching available at up to 5% of salary
- Monthly benefit towards the lease or purchase of an electric vehicle
Plug In America is located in Los Angeles; this position is eligible for remote work. Candidates should expect to travel to Los Angeles and other locations at company expense.
Apply here. Applications must include a resume. Cover letters are encouraged.
Plug In America is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from BIPOC candidates.