Title: Director of Business Development,
Location: Remote in U.S.
You can be part of the future of transportation! Join Plug In America’s dynamic team and help shift the nation to clean electric vehicles!
Love cars? Want to change the world? Come join us at Plug In America, the national consumer voice for electric vehicles (EVs). Plug In America is a growing 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is centrally involved in our nation’s shift to clean-fueled EVs. Most notably, Plug In America founded National Drive Electric Week, the worlds’ largest celebration of EVs, with over 180,000 attendees at events in all 50 states. A staff of passionate professionals, consultants, and volunteers make up our dynamic team who work on programs focused on government advocacy, consumer and auto dealer/OEM outreach and engagement, EV awareness, and member services.
Plug In America is looking for a Director of Business Development to help drive our programs forward to new heights. This position is responsible for promoting our programs to potential funders and partners, securing sponsorships, new business relationships and major donor fundraising. This includes identifying prospects, building relationships, making presentations, and securing commitments.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities for new donors, sponsorships and business opportunities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with prospective and existing donors and clients.
- Promote our fee-for-service programs to potential customers
- Work with program staff to have a deep understanding of existing programs and be able to speak fluently about them.
- Secure unrestricted funding and sponsorships from individuals and organizations.
- Track development activities and prepare reports.
- At least three years of demonstrated experience in business development or large donor development.
- Passion for electric vehicles.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Experience in the EV or automotive sectors.
- Six months experience driving an electric vehicle.
- Experience in product marketing.
- Good contacts with relevant firms, foundations, or private donors.
- The salary range for this position is $90,000-$100,000 per year plus an annual bonus based on performance, commensurate with location, experience and skills.
- Group health insurance: medical, dental and vision.
- Paid time off: 15 days/year vacation with an accrual increase for subsequent years of service; 10 days of sick leave and 13 organizational holidays (2 are floating holidays).
- 401(k) plan with employer match of up to 5% of salary (vested after 3 years of service).
- EV support: one-time reimbursement of up to $1,000 towards lease/purchase of an EV and $100/month towards financing.
Applications must include a resume. Cover letters are encouraged. Email them to lperkins [at] pluginamerica.org.
Plug In America is an equal opportunity employer and warmly welcomes applications from BIPOC candidates.